
It's December 19th already. I can't believe it. I know, I know...I say these sorts of things every year. Every year I tell myself I'm going to start shopping earlier but I don't. Oh well. This year is going to be a milder Christmas; less presents and a lot less snow. I'm in the Christmas spirit and the tree is up. Leon and I went out and bought a smaller tree this year. It's still very pretty and it's been tortured a few times by our little friend, Fenway. He's definitely gotten into so many things. I forgot that's how Dexter was when he was a kitten. Fenway got into a Bath and Body Works bag recently and didn't seem to mind that I carried him around for a bit. Yes, he looks a little frightened but he really didn't mind. He's a funny little guy. Anyway, I have the day off tomorrow and I'm going shopping with my Mom. I need to get everything done tomorrow and if I don't then, well, that's the way it goes. This month has been really tight. I still need to register and inspect my car and get an oil change. This month is such a happy month but I just hope people don't lose the whole idea about what Christmas truly means. If only people had the Christmas spirit throughout the year.
So, I did my Billy Blanks Basic Bootcamp Tae Bo DVD yesterday. Holy crap! I got through it until the very end when they do some ab exercises. Just when I thought I was in pretty decent shape the tables turned. I am NOT in the best shape I can be in. And I want to be there. So, I'll do the DVD again today and keep doing it until I have no problem getting through the whole damn thing. A friend of mine actually gave it to me and I haven't used it until yesterday. It's a great DVD. One needs more space than I have but I just worked with what I had. Someday leon and I will buy a house and I'll have a workout space that I've always wanted. Enough room to do work out DVD's, and a space for my treadmill and elliptical machine. We'll get there. We've been doing some searching for quite awhile to find a house that suits us best but it's hard. There are so many things involved in purchasing a house. Let me tell you. There is not much in our price range. I think I'll need a second job if we want something decent. Finding a house is frustrating but we'll get there. As they say: Good things come to those who wait. We considered living in Seattle because both my sisters live there but as of right now we're looking in and around the area we live in now. Life's next step.
My Grandfather passed away a year ago on December 26th. "Jag Alskar Dig," Grampy. I'm sure this is a hard time for my Grandmother. She will be moving from Rochester, NH to live with my Dad. I'm not sure when but I think it'll be very soon. It'll be nice for us because we will get to see her more. But I'm sure it'll be quite an adjustment for my Dad. This is another one of life's steps.
I've been considering going back to school and this time it would be totally for me. I wouldn't be going back to school to make more money or to get this "perfect" job. I already have a BA in Communications and an English and Journalism minor. For some reason I've always been interested in Sign Language. It's been gently tugging at my insides for quite sometime...ever since I was a child and learned some sign language at camp. Anyway, they offer courses at UNH Manchester and I was considering taking a class. The thing is...they offer a BA in SLI (Sign Language Interpretation) or you can take a few classes but not for credits. A part of me just wants to "go for it" but then another part says "what would happen if I don't like it"? I think that part of me prevents me from doing a lot of things in my life. Sometimes it's all or nothing with me. And it doesn't have to be that way. I think I might just take the first 2 suggested courses and and then take it from there.
Fun Stuff To Check Our Or To Consider:
*Great New Christmas Album: Sarah McLachlan "Wintersong"
*Have You Forgotten Him? : The True Meaning of Christmas
*New Years Goal? I've always wanted to do this. Anyone up for it? Let's train together.
*A fun book I given: "The Cookie Sutra" by Edward Jaye
*Chocolate Lovers Martini: 1 1/2 oz Van Stoli Vodka, 1 1/2 oz Baileys, 1 1/2 oz White Creme De Cacao, 1 tbsp Choc Syrup. *Take glass and squeeze in Choc syrup-mix in shaker and pour in martini glass. Place hersery kiss inside. Drink like a champ. Yum.
“The best Christmas of all is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up with one another."
1 comment:
Thanks for stopping by my Sunflower blog and supporting me!
Welcome back anytime.
Happy Healthy New Year!
I will Exercise for Comments!
Sunflower
Post a Comment