21 July 2008

I can't take it anymore!

We finally put in an offer on a house. The seller counter-offered and said he'd settle with $5,000 more. Needless to say we're already at the top of what we want to spend on house. It would be a $30 to $35 more a month. We stuck to our offer so now we're waiting to hear back from him. I really do want this to work out but as cliche as it may sound, things have a way of working out and if it's not meant to be then it's not meant to be.

Let me explain the house a little bit. It has 3.7 acres of land, well manicured lawn, a big deck and a brook going along the property which you can hear from the deck. It has a 2 car garage and above the garage is a huge unfinished room with 3 decent size windows that overlook the back yard. It has a fireplace in the main dining room and goes up to the second floor where the master bedroom has a small fireplace. It's so cute. Some negatives: the kitchen sucks and needs to be redone. We're ok with that. It has 1 and 1/2 bath and the 1/2 bath is on the main floor and to access it, one needs to go through a bedroom to use it. Still...it can be fixed. It's 2200 square feet which is a little big but the house doesn't seem too big when we're in it. It has forced hot air which I've heard can be a little dirty/dusty. With it being that size and the prices of oil these days it's a little scary. OK..so, I've gone on enough about this house. I can't take it anymore. I want to know if it's a YES or a NO. I need to move forward. I've been cleaning like a mad woman to keep my mind off it. Wish us luck. : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LUCK! I have my fingers crossed for you!