Finances with the house are coming along. So many details to explain but I won't get into the finite details. Let's just say it's been extremely stressful but it's working out. We really want it to even if we're draining all our funds. We know it's a good investment.
We have a wedding to go to this weekend on the Cape which will be nice. It will be so great to simply get away. I'm praying it's sunny because it's happening on the beach. It'll be a very casual wedding. I actually picked up some clothes at The Limited yesterday. I'm hoping what I picked will be ok to wear. I had an idea of what I wanted to wear when I found this shirt at the Limited but I didn't find a skirt to match. Anyway, I ended up spending more money there then expected. Let me tell you how wonderful my husband was. He doodled on some paper while this fabulous girl Becky helped me out. She kicks ass but is a horrible influence on me. I miss my shopping buddy Sara. We would go there and shop on occasion.
While I was shopping this is what my husband drew. He's a crafty, talented man. You should see his other stuff. Actually you can see some of it here. He has a bunch of other stuff he should really post. This isn't even his best stuff.


Man...there is so much to blog about today! I ordered some sample wallpaper from Ferm Living. They have such fabulous stuff! I really love their wallpaper. Hopefully I'll get some great ideas and when my husband and I move into our new home it'll be easy. I'll have to work a bunch of extra shifts to be able to afford to decorate it but it'll be worth it. Plus, decorating takes time. Anyway, here's a photo of the sample wallpaper I ordered. I really love the green one. It's called Wild Flower (131).
As I said before I went shopping. I had to go to Sephora's to make an exchange. I exchanged a mascara that I didn't really care for, for a Guava body butter by Korres. I SO love the smell of. It reminds me of the beach or even my honeymoon in Tahiti, French Polynesia, our trip of a lifetime. Here's one of the places where we stayed almost 3 years ago. It seems like a dream and so, so long ago. Here's a little video I want to add just for the heck of it. And yeah, I know I sound like a dork. Sometimes I talk to my cats like that. :)
Ok, so, I received the Circle Journey book back from a friend of mine. We've really been enjoying staying in touch with each other by using this form of contact. You should check it out and maybe start one with a friend. It's so fun! Sometimes one of us holds on to it for months and we shouldn't but life does happen. It's such a creative way to keep in touch. I insert mixed cds, photos, poems and such. The cool thing is, you could make your own book or simply buy one from the Circle Journey Site. I was going to show a sample page but the scan looks horrible.
Books I'm reading as of this past week:
~Bad Girls edited by Ellen Tussman
~No one belongs here more than you. Stories by Miranda July (Thanks to Katherine)!
Music I'm listening to:
~ Mozella I will cd
~ Adele 19
~ Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova: Swell Season
It's a little on the mellow side and a few songs are a little sad but good. For me, I know music is good when I can really feel something. Man, I really know how to write a review don't I.
~ Joshua Radin
A recipe for a favorite martini of mine:
Beri-Licious Martini
Stoli Blueberi and Rasperi Flavored Vodka, Fresh Lime, Raspberries, Blueberries, and a Really Long Lemon Serpentine.
Phew! That was fun!
4 comments:
I'm a little late reading this of course. First I want to say congrats on the house, Sara sent me the pics and I LOVE it, no wonder you guys wanted it so bad! Second, I want to know what mascara you didn't like and returned!
Thanks Ginny! That's so weird. I was just thinking about you! I'm glad Sara sent you the photos. I should have sent them to you anyway! 8 days until the house is ours. Yay! I'm hoping to have a get together a little after we move in and I hope you can make it! I'll keep you posted. What's new with you? It was really nice to see you when we all got together for Sara's going away.
Oh...the mascara I bought (impulsively) was the Imju Fiberwig. I have no idea why I bought it. No more makeup for me. Mortgage time. I do have enough makeup to last me a lifetime which is nice. ;)
Kristen -- I really want to thank you for sending The Four Agreements. I must tell you, you could not have sent a better book, one that would speak to me so. It's such a simple message, but for some reason, I've never thought that way. And it's really been helpful in dealing with my current relationship. Thanks thanks thanks!
Katherine, you are so very welcome. It makes me smile knowing something I did, helped you in some way. Thanks so much for letting me know. Have a great week! : )
Post a Comment