Life is busy. Soon I'll be catching up with old friends which will be nice. Wednesday I'm meeting up with 2 girls from High School which I haven't seen probably since then. Well, one of them I saw earlier on in college but still, I graduated over 8 years ago. Awwww, which leads me to several other thoughts I wanted to discuss. Not yet. Anyway, it'll be great to see them and catch up. So much to talk about. I haven't made definite plans with the other 2 friends but I know it'll happen. I really would like to see them.
Winter is coming. We're supposed to get some snow on Thursday. I feel much better knowing our wood stove is hooked up and ready to go. We bought a cord of half seasoned wood. What an f*in rip off these days for wood. The economy sucks and it pisses me off. Yes, it's a great time to buy a house they say but it's not going to be all that great. Don't get me wrong I love my house but we're still in the transition period. Here's what I mean by this. It mainly revolves around money but not all of it.
*Hooking up woodstove and blah, blah, blah...$550
*Wood $220
*Water Store appointment: $260.
*Our roof/ceiling/beams leaked twice (once on my brother and sister in law)
*A leaky dishwasher (we just have to make sure the seal is tight)
*My cat Dexter is m
*My G5 is shittin the bed and I don't think there's any hope for it.
All I want to know is WHY? Why do all these money things and life's bag o' crap happen all at once? Can't we just spread it out over the years? My god!
*I had a dentist appointment today. What a f*in rip off as well. Yep...I need to floss more and have a few cracks in my teeth which will eventually need crownes. Awesome. I got my teeth cleaned which is always good and the dental assistant is the one who got the majority of my face/teeth time. The Dentist took a look at my photos and said my bottom back tooth is the one I should take care of first when I can. It's not bothering me at all but eventually it might just crack? Yeah, we'll eventually a lot of other shit might happen. Anyway...the reason for my anger is because my appointment cost $180 (no dental) and $80 of it was from the "Limited Dental Consult." I'm in the wrong profession. $80 every 10 minutes!!!! WTF. I'm SO burnt out from so many things I really shouldn't be blogging about all of them.
*I'm officially burnt out from the restaurant business. People I work with and people I wait on. People who eat out and bitch about everything, treat their server with disrespect, tip 10% and think it's ok. These people can eat shit. And if someone doesn't know what to tip...educate yourself. It used to be 15% but come on people. It's 2008 and a dollar from each customer doesn't cut it. 20% is SO not hard to figure out. ----------------------OK....enough. Here's a fricken awesome site to check out. I might have to start my own version. It's called Waiter Rant. For those of you in the business or have ever been in the restaurant business can totally relate. To all those people who tip well....thank you. We truly appreciate you.
I'm going to end this post on a happy note because life really IS good even if a lot of people suck. Here's why my life is good.
*My husband
*Good friends. A good friend of our has been helping us cut down trees. It's pretty cool living off the land. We bought some wood but we can also use lots of our own.
*Family. One of my sisters will be coming home for Christmas. Actually for about 3 weeks.
*I'm alive.
*There are more but I'm too tired to think. I've had a bit of a migraine today. You can all see why. I need my brain to shut down for a bit.
I must go now...sorry for the bitchy post. Things have been just adding up and it's finally gotten to me. When I'm at work and something small happens and I want to break down and cry...that's when I know I need a break. I'm just not sure when this break will happen. Tomorrow will be a new day. It better be great...that's all I'm saying.
No comments:
Post a Comment