The following may include attempts at photography, art journaling, painting, poetry and interior design.
30 December 2008
Ice Storm, Power Outage
I haven't posted in quite awhile probably because I've been so preoccupied with the power outage and the holidays. Wow, do things get crazy busy. For now, I'll post a couple of photos and hopefully I can make some time in the next week to talk about them. Hope you enjoy the photos!
Yeah...it was tough. I tried to have thoughts that it could be worse but it was stressful. Worried about pipes freezing, the basement flooding etc. We were able to get out the house but the restaurant where I work was closed for several days. They lost quite a bit of food.
We did end up having a nice Christmas. It was a little strange this year but at least I spent Christmas with my family. Hope yours was great!!! Look forward to hopping over to your blog to see what you've been up to!
4 comments:
Hey Kristen!
Those are great photos! Damn storm was seriously a test of my sanity.
Hope all's well with you and Leon--I'll have to stop in to see you one of these days!!
Kristen -- I can't believe you were without power for 11 days! Were you able to get out of the house at all?
I hope you guys had a great holiday and New Years!
kat
Hey Kat!
Yeah...it was tough. I tried to have thoughts that it could be worse but it was stressful. Worried about pipes freezing, the basement flooding etc. We were able to get out the house but the restaurant where I work was closed for several days. They lost quite a bit of food.
We did end up having a nice Christmas. It was a little strange this year but at least I spent Christmas with my family. Hope yours was great!!! Look forward to hopping over to your blog to see what you've been up to!
These pictures are awesome! Kind of reminds me of what Virginia's getting right now!
Post a Comment