
So I drove to the nearest Macy's and picked up my free gift with purchase from Clinque. Let me mention that I had a baby and it was pouring rain outside. I arrived at Macy's only to notice there were several women who also wanted the free gift and only one woman working behind the counter. Go figure. So I decided I'd go for a loop around the store to keep my baby occupied. I didn't make it far without having to go to the bathroom to change the little one's diaper. That wasn't it either. I was shopping and he didn't like it. I must get this over with and be on my way. I found my way back to the Clinque counter where this lady was poking around asking the woman behind the counter too many questions and making lots of comments along the way. "Where are your eye pencils?" the woman asked. "Right here in front of you the saleswoman said. "Oh, I see them. Well, I really want to buy one but the last time I bought the plum one and I had a severe reaction to it." While this woman was babbling on, I was praying my little one wouldn't start crying. He was fussing but not really loud. The woman behind the counter noticed my worried face peeking into my stroller and asked if she could help while the other woman was looking. Thank God. I told her I knew exactly what I wanted. She was relieved and so was I. Anyway, it was worth the trip. In the free gift they have the best mascara. I'm not sure if it will work for everyone but I tried it today and it's fabulous. It's called High Lengths Mascara and it's $14 which I find to be reasonable. I know some might find it expensive but the lat mascara I fell in love with was $24! It's all relative.
No comments:
Post a Comment