18 September 2006

1 Year Anniversary

Sunday was the most beautiful day I've seen in a long time. Mostly because it was our one year anniversary and partially because the weather was beautiful and I wasn't working. Oh yeah! The alarm went off at 8am and we got up and had breakfast in town which we seldom get to do. It was delicious! We partook in some omlets...Sausage, onion, jalepenos, broccoli and american cheese. We had homemade wheat toast and pan fried home fries. Yum. And of course I had some coffee. Then we headed to Salem, NH. We saw the exit and said let's go to the Apple Store in the Mall. Yeah, yeah, yeah. We're dorks like that. Who goes to a computer store on their one year anniversary? We do. Spontaneity is a beautiful thing. We left the mall and headed to Maine. Ahh, Maine. We took the scenic route which is always my favorite way to go because I love to take pictures. I love to just drive and have nowhere in mind to go. (or ride shot gun...that's a funny phrase now that I think about it). Anyway, we drove past this huge sunflower field on the highway. So, we decided to head back to it so we could take some pictures. It took us a little bit to get back to it but we didn't have a time we had to be anywhere. You could tell the flowers were on their way out but they were still so pretty. When I look at sunflowers they just make me smile. So, after we left the field of sunflowers we traveled up to Maine, walked the Marginal Way and had dinner at a very expensive restaurant with gourmet portions called Five-O. We really just wanted to eat somewhere new and different. The food was relatively good but nothing to write home about as they say. After dinner we went for a walk and bought some chocolate at this candy shop called The Harbor, I believe. We found this quaint shop that sold Sid Dicken tiles. We purchased one so we could have a memory of our 1 year anniversary to hang in our house. It has a heart, one side is black and one is red and there is a crown over the heart. The tile is T-66~Heart & Crown, and reads "Crowning two hearts joined in true love." I found it to fit just perfectly. This is now hung above our framed wedding vows and there is another one that is hung just below it. I'll post a photo of one of these days. I really like the way it looks. Here's to sunflower days and salty, breezy days! I'm going to miss this weather.


Kristen's Randomness


COOL DRINK OF THE DAY: REMY SIDECAR= 1 1/2 ounce Remy Martin, 1 ounce Cointreau, 1 ounce sour mix or fresh squeezed lemonade, splash grenadine (or a little more). Served chilled up with a sugared rim and garnished with a cherry and/or lemon.

COOL SITE OF THE DAY:50 tools which can help you in writing

COOL SONG OF THE DAY: "This Charming Man" by Stars

COOL WORD OF THE DAY: Bibliophile: One who loves or collects books.

FUNNY QUOTE OF THE DAY: "Are those your eyeballs? I found them in my cleavage."




1 comment:

Sunflower said...

Thanks for stopping by my Sunflower. Have a nice week! I love those sunflowers!