20 November 2007

The Olympus Spa: AKA: Heaven

I took a trip out to Washington State to visit my sisters. I had a really nice time. I did a lot. I'd have to say my favorite activity was going to the spa the day after my 6 hour flight. Now let's talk about heaven. Heaven is now under a new name called Olympus Spa I got a body scrub, massage and a facial. My sisters asked me what I wanted to do when I went out there and I suggested a spa day. Olympus Spa is where they took me and I couldn't have been happier.

Ok...so, it's an all women's spa where bathing suits are not optional. So, for those of you who are a little slow on the uptake (whic
h is fine...I have days like that) we were nude/nekkid. They offer hot whirlpools (90 F-104 F) and a cold pool (60 F) which helps to rejuvenate the body by constricting blood vessels. This pool flows from a beautiful, relaxing waterwall. They also have a well where mugwort herbal tea may be poured over your body to improve blood circulation and soften your skin. Doesn't the word mugwort sound heavenly...haha. Check out mugwort. Oh and here.
They also offer a variety of heated rooms.
The Heated Rooms filled with all natural stones such as salt, jade, sand and mud have been used for several thousand years in the Orient. These stones generate Far Infrared Rays, which make deep, penetrating heat in your body. The FIR cause natural sweating, thus expelling harmful toxins, leaving you feeling refreshed and regenerated. The HR does not cause the exhaustion of conventional saunas, which may cause dizziness and fatigue.
The rooms are:

Dried Mud & Jade (170 F)
Sea Sand Room (150 F)
Charcoal Room (150 F)
Sea Salt Room (140 F)
Elvan Stone Rooms (90 F)

One of my favorite things was the Herbal Steam Sauna. It was heavenly. The steam was infused with green tea, eucalyptus, and lavender. *sigh* What do other think about this spa?

Let's get back to the "having to be nude" part o
f this whole wonderful experience. It was a little weird for me but definitely not as bad as I thought it would be. We acted a little like giggling school girls at first but relaxation gradually set in; all at different times. Some need more time to relax than others. I knew I wouldn't know anyone except for my sisters which helped me to relax a little faster. I eventually came to terms with the fact we're all different. We all have the same parts but different shapes and sizes and knowing/seeing that made it easier. We're not perfect. No one is.

After our relaxing day at the spa. Do we look relaxed?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am happy to hear that you found some time for a relaxing treat!

I have never been much of one for spas. My sis on the other hand, loves getting a rub-down, and the like.

Maybe I don't like people touching my nakkid bod!
:)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sylvia C.

Unichorn said...

Hey! How are you!
Going to a Spa: great idea. I went to one once but got very impatient with the massages. But I could use the relaxation now. Great you hade a great time.
Cheerz!