30 October 2007

Art Journal Pages: Love, Beauty of Uncertainty


I'm kinda new at this art journal thing. Like I've said before, I've had a journal, I've written in it, drawn in it, complained in it, written poetry in it, etc. but I've never had one totally dedicated to art. It's really quite fun and I'm looking forward to when I finish one. Anyway, here is are a couple of pages I've been working on but they aren't done. I'm not sure what will be added to them. It's hard to finish a page sometimes. It's like it'll never be done. I think I just need to let them sit for a bit and go back to them at a later date. I'm aftraid I'll move on but I won't finish them. Or that if I do go back to them, I might just screw them up. The "Love" journal page was the outcome of my ride home from work. I couldn't get home fast enough to work with my red acrylic paint. I even got my husband to sit down with me and work on something. Well, this is what I came up with.

This "beauty of uncertainty" joural page was inspired by a song by KT Tunstall. It's a beautiful song I've grown to love. I put it on repeat and continued to create. Here it is if you're curious.

KT TunstallBeauty Of Uncertainty

3 comments:

Unichorn said...

Hey Kristen. Thanks for visiting my site: always a joy knowing I've been read/watched ;) About finishing your journalpages; don't worry. Let them sink in, give it time, and add things later... or not. Lol. And at the same time; it really needs some 'guts' to screw a page up! ;) But in the end, the most surprising things can happen. Anyway, till next time, cheerz!

Unknown said...

Hello!

It looks like I might have (definitely) met a "creative" like-mind.
:)
I hope you are having a great, creative Friday, and have a great weekend ahead of you!

truly,

Sylvia C.

Mariposa said...

Wow! Gorgeous entry. The colors are calming and the swirls are just dee-lish.