04 January 2008

2008 = Accomplishments

Two Thousand Eight. Wish I could live to be 2008. Wow...how much life has to offer and how unfortunate we can't do all the things we've ever dreamed of in this lifetime. We sure as hell can try. That's what 2008 is going to be about for me. I think I'll use the word accomplishment. I want to accomplish so much this year. In retrospect, I'm happy with all the things I've done in 2007 but there's also a lot of things I never did but constantly talked about doing. I'm sick of hearing my own voice. "I want to take piano lessons. I want to learn photoshop. I want to build a house." I want....I want.....I want. You know what? I'm going to DO. I want to look back on 2008 and say "I'm so glad I took piano lessons. I'm so glad I learned photoshop. I'm so glad I bought less and gave more. I'm so glad I created instead of simply looking at what others have created."

Ok...so, 2007 was kinda cool and productive and this is why.

1. I participated in my first sprint triatlon. And liked it!
2. I ran in a 5 miler race on the beach with my husband.
3. I went and saw a couple of Red Sox games.
4. I went and saw Feist twice. Once in North Hampton Ma and then again in Seattle with the sisters.
5. I learned the beauty of having an art journal.
6. I learned of some pretty cool and creative people online.
7. Fell in love with Flickr
8. Bought my Canon Digital Rebel XTi and took lots of photos. (I'd like to learn more about it's functions. 2008)
9. I had my fir
st total wonderful spa experience.
10. Lived, loved, laughed and so much more.

Well, I could
go on and on but work is calling my name. Work does seem to get in the way. ; ) Oh...2008 is off to a great start. I went and signed up for an advanced Photoshop class. It's a 10 week class and I'm pretty excited about it. Check.

Here's to a healhty, fabulous and productive New Year.
Cheers!
~Kristen



No comments: