15 March 2008

Interests as of late...

Let's see...I've been interested in a variety of things these days. For some reason I've been trying to live a more organic lifestyle. I know I can't do it 100% but it's really been on my mind for many reasons. I'm not sure if it's because I'm getting older but I keep hearing more and more about people who have cancer. Why are so many people getting cancer? What can we do to make things better? I can see when someone who has been smoking like a chimney most their life getting cancer but what about someone who exercises all the time, eats well and gets plenty of sleep. If we could have a solution that would be so great right now. If only.

Ok...so here are a few organic products I've been enjoying these days.

Newman's Own Organic Coffee I seem to like the medium roast but then againt that's the only one I've tried.

Westsoy Organic Unsweetened Vanilla Soy Milk-----> I enjoy it in my coffee.

Oh...another product I like to use in my coffee is an all natural sugar called Stevia. You can get it in Whole Food stores but I purchased mine at Market Basket in the organic isle. I think I paid $6 for a small box. There are all these sugar substitutes out there that are known to cause cancer and yet manufactures are still using them in their products. Why can't we just use ingredients that are healthy for the human person. Yes, I know sometimes we just don't know but come on. As soon as we do know let's do something about it. Anyway, about Stevia...I can't be sure what happens to it during the process in some factory and what they write on the box but you can be sure I'll do my best to make the best decisions that work for me. All I can hope for is the ability to educate myself.

Here's a video on the corruption these companies have:



Also, here's a website I've been interested in as well. It's called Environmental Defense Fund. Take a look around. Education is the way to go. Let me know what you think. I know not many people read this blog but if you do, I'd love to hear your opinions.

Here's to happiness and health!

No comments: