17 March 2009

Everyday Life

I'm not sure when I developed adult ADD but it's here and I need to control it. I don't really think I have it but man...it sure feels like it at times. I know I can focus more if I tried. So today I'm trying. I've been meaning to blog for quite some time and today is the perfect day. Well...if I don't get too distracted while I microwave my coffee for the 5th time.

Life's been good considering all the things going on especially in my Mom's life. She got laid off a week back and it's been tough. She turned 65 so she'll be able to get medicare but seriously how do people get by? Unemployment isn't that much in her case. Anyway, she was over our house a couple days ago working on her resume. She'll try and pick up a part-time job. I hope she finds something. My Dad gave her his old computer so she has that but she lives out in the boonies so she'll probably have to get dial up. Yeah, dial up! What a pain in the ass. I could NEVER go back to dial up.

My Mom asked me to be in charge of selling my Grandmother's house because she has so much on her plate. I'm really hoping my husband and I can help her. It's just so hard with our working schedules and having a house of our own. We don't even have any children...yet. I've come to a realization...some people are simply amazing. Juggling all of life's ups and downs. I've seen some very upbeat people who could have given into negativity but didn't. I'm impressed by their frame of mind and positive attitude. Some women especially get SO much done. You go girls. I wish I could bottle that up. Some days I feel so great and accomplish a lot but most the time I get a little done here, a little done there. If anyone could send over a huge bottle of motivation that would be great. Thanks.

No comments: