18 January 2010

Look what we have! A baby!

Silas William was born January 9th 2010. He weighed 7 lbs 10oz and was 19in. long. We are in love. Here are some photos I'd like to share. Giving birth was the craziest, most emotional experience I've ever gone through. 22 hour labor and 4 hours of hard labor. Let me tell you...I think he liked it in there and didn't want to come out. Now he's here...praise God!















4 comments:

Mary said...

He is beautiful!!
And of course you are in love!! And it will grow and grow!

How are you feeling??

Kristen said...

Thanks Mary! I'm feeling well now. He's almost 2 months! It's gone by pretty fast so far. Some of my days are long because I'm home all the time and not used to it. Not too much time for blogging which I'd really like to do. It'll come. So much to do especially tend to the little one. Thanks for checking in on my blog. How are you? I'm gonna pop on over to your blog and see what you've been up to! Take care!

Mary said...

It will get easier. Right now you are probably feeling like all you do is take care of your baby, laundry, eat, and sleep.

It does get easier, and more enjoyable I promise!!

How is he sleeping??

Kristen said...

Thanks Mary! I do feel like all I do are the things you mentioned. Well, except the sleep part. I really can't complain. He slept 7 hours last night but I get up because I'm nursing and that's a long time to go without him eating. Sometimes for a few nights in a row he wakes every 3 hours to eat. He's really good for the most part!

We're really enjoying him. I just love all the smiles we get from him. I'm going to post one of my favorite photos of him after this. He had a couple shots today at his 2 month appointment. It broke my heart. He was really uncomfortable when we got home so we gave him some children's tylenol which helped a lot. Poor little guy. Anyway...how is your art work coming? You really do some beautiful things!!! I can't wait to get back into journaling. I really enjoy that. It's therapy! Hope you're going well Mary! It's always nice to hear from my blogger friend! Take care!